
ok... so I said I'd never get a blog. It just seems like the kind of thing people do who... well... have nothing else to do, to be honest. I mean, I can understand if you have pictures of your cute kid to show off in their Easter outfit or first trip to the zoo and I can definitely grasp the appeal of one of these if you're overseas and want to share your experiences with loved ones back home. But... I don't have any kids and I'm not in China or Sweden or even 100 miles away from where I grew up, for that matter. Let's be serious. I'm in Athens, Georgia; the capital of big wheel trucks and camo apparel... not exactly Timbuktu.
Yet... here I am. Blogging. Summer Nelson, you must be proud. Because, the thing is, I AM on an adventure! It may not look at all like the one I thought I'd be on at this time in my life (trust me) but it is far more exciting, significantly more challenging, and of greater worth than anything I could have ever asked for. Less than 5 months ago I thought I'd be signing a contract for a 'regular' job right now; anything with a secure paycheck, doing something I'm comfortable in. Low and behold, God had drastically different plans than for me to seek the type of security I've been craving my whole life. Money terrifies me and there is nothing that would make me more comfortable than to independently establish a hefty savings account and 401K. This calling, however, is enabling me to trust God, REALLY trust God, with the fears I cling so tightly too. Like I said… it's an adventure.
This past Sunday I officially completed my training for Crusade and have officially hit the support raising trail. The huge amount of support that I have to secure is absolutely overwhelming but I have full confidence that, if I'm supposed to make it to Bama's campus, the Lord will make it happen. Above is a picture of all of the new Southeast and international interns from the Southeast right before we headed out from training. Ladies and Gentlemen.... It's on!
Yet... here I am. Blogging. Summer Nelson, you must be proud. Because, the thing is, I AM on an adventure! It may not look at all like the one I thought I'd be on at this time in my life (trust me) but it is far more exciting, significantly more challenging, and of greater worth than anything I could have ever asked for. Less than 5 months ago I thought I'd be signing a contract for a 'regular' job right now; anything with a secure paycheck, doing something I'm comfortable in. Low and behold, God had drastically different plans than for me to seek the type of security I've been craving my whole life. Money terrifies me and there is nothing that would make me more comfortable than to independently establish a hefty savings account and 401K. This calling, however, is enabling me to trust God, REALLY trust God, with the fears I cling so tightly too. Like I said… it's an adventure.
This past Sunday I officially completed my training for Crusade and have officially hit the support raising trail. The huge amount of support that I have to secure is absolutely overwhelming but I have full confidence that, if I'm supposed to make it to Bama's campus, the Lord will make it happen. Above is a picture of all of the new Southeast and international interns from the Southeast right before we headed out from training. Ladies and Gentlemen.... It's on!
Rejoice in the Lord and again, I say rejoice! Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at-hand. Be anxious for nothing but in prayer in supplication in thanksgiving, submit your requests to the Lord. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. – Phil. 4: 4-7

omg a blog. When were you going to tell us you are moving to U. of Alabama?
ReplyDeleteJV
I just found out! I think we've all just been really busy. I'll tell you all about it when I see you next!
ReplyDeleteI love you. And I want to help you raise support in anyway I can.
ReplyDeletelemonade stand anyone?
I'm in this with you all the way. And am very, very proud of you for making this choice. You are embarking on a great adventure. Your little light has always shone brightly for me, and now you can share it with even more people. You are a very special person.
ReplyDelete