Time to Update!

Dear sweet, sweet friends,

I have so much to tell you! TONS has been happening in my life with Crusade and wrapping up college and I cannot wait to tell you all about it! However, due to my finals schedule, life is has been pretty darn crazy. Regardless, I want to update you on a few things!

:: First of all, here is a verse I've been thinking about a ton lately. I love it because it calls Christians "a great cloud of witnesses" as if we're all on the same team, buzzing around one another,encouraging, challenging- it's just like everyone who's partnering with me in this Crusade jazz. So, this verse is directed at both you and me...

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. - Hebrews 12: 1-3

:: I currently have three people on my support team officially (SO exciting!) and 6-10 who have come to me already telling me that they are extremely interested in financially partnering with me in this endeavor. I sincerely mean it when I say that I could not be any more grateful. (more details to come soon, I promise!)

:: As you can probably tell, the formatting of this blog is under construction!

:: It seems that I hear from someone from Bama every few days! I recently received an email from Christie Lehren, a member of Bama's Crusade staff, in which she graciously provided a ton of insight into what they are up to right now:

Allison!

Great to hear from you! Glad you were at training and now you can finish school and begin working on support, whoa! We are praying for you and the process you are about to embark on to get to Tuscaloosa. Enjoy support raising and embrace all that you will learn.
The ministry at Alabama....hummm. There is much to say! Our partnership is in East Asia, so thats good to know. Over the years, we have sent dozens of students on vision trips (spring break) summer projects, and STINT (1 year overseas missions). We currently have a team of 6 serving at our partnership campus and we are in good touch with them.
Here at Bama, there are two main areas we work with--thats mostly played out because for a while, its just been Jeff and I, and its where our passions are. Jeff is really passionate and soo talented at working with Greek students. Thus, we have a thriving greek ministry, especially on the guy side. He could tell you more, but there is an intra frat bible study that meets weekly, and lots of non believers come to that. They have seen a handful of guys come to faith through that and its been a great way to meet new students. On the girl side, a lot of our leaders are involved in the greek system and live in the houses. We are praying for and hopeful that will transfer to them multiplying their life there--you can pray to that end. Pray especially for our leaders to influence where they are...their classes, greek house, etc.
The other area of campus we are reaching pretty well is international students. Thats my big passion, so thats how that all happened. We launched Bridges int (Crusade int ministry) here and have a lot of stuff going with that--we have a weekly english class, that just seeks to minister to the int students by serving, a monthly gathering, and one on one discipleship. Bible studies come and go, but are there. There are some great international churches here, so that helps.
We are really praying to reach the incoming freshman class this year. Thats going to be a big focus this year in our planning and how we spend time in the fall. Much of your first few weeks will be spent meeting freshman (of course as I help train you--I won't just throw you into the fire) Speaking of your time here, you will be doing a lot of evangelism, discipleship, and going to areas of campus that we are not currently reaching. I will be training you and doing a lot with you, but you will be given opportunities that will stretch you and grow you in your faith. Of course a lot of what we do is the weekly meeting, community groups, prayer meetings, etc. so thats all part of it too.
When I think of whats really hard here or a obstacle--its busyness. Its all over every campus thats for sure. Students are busy, no doubt. If they are not busy, they try to act like they are. Its an idol! Its all about what they can list off to make it appear like they have 100 things going on..its like this resume god they have. Our vision statement currently is "Helping students and faculty break through cultural barriers to see and experience the authentic Jesus" The reason for that is we see that many barriers exist--southern christianity, greek system, cool factor, etc. In that, so many people have a pale view of Jesus and need to see the real Jesus. The Jesus of the Bible. So thats our vision. Our mission is that students would encounter the authentic Jesus, experience Him in their daily lives, and express Him to the world (win build send)
Soo..thats likely more information than you wanted. But...we would love your prayers and I hope this gives you a starting block as you think through coming here. Keep the questions coming. And certainly continue to pray for us and the students here!!

Blessings,
Christie

God is at work and I am pumped to see all of this for myself in August. My roommate summer's best friend, Catherine, is currently a junior at Bama and told me this week that they have been praying for me a ton and are excited to meet me. Also, another staff member named Alana (who is ironically from Duluth and graduated from UGA!) also sent me a message this week to learn more about me and tell me that they are praying for me. These folks at Bama seem to be extremely real and interested in people, which is exactly who I want to be involved with. HOPEFULLY, I can make it to Bama sometime this week in the middle of my finals schedule (honestly.. it probably won't happen..) so that I can meet some people face to face, see the campus, and find a place to live!

So anyways... in summary, life is infinitely better than I could have ever imagined it would be right now. Again, I'll go into more detail in my next blog but until then, know this; upon graduating and partnering up with Crusade, I feel more blessed and passionate than I may have ever felt in my life. I'm not kidding.

As you're praying for me this week, pray that:
- I am not lazy and get off of my butt to get my work done! I need to graduate, have a busy internship coming up, and support to raise!
- I am diligent in reading the Word and really pursuing God right now. When life is good, it's so easy to just walk away and think that I've got it all under control. I need to be relying on him 100%, ya know??
- I enjoy my last few days at UGA, not cry too much (trust me, it's been the water works everywhere I go) and that I embark on meaningful adventures as the semester closes up.

please post any questions are comments below ! I'd love to hear from you!

28The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.- 1 Thess. 5







1 comment:

  1. Allie, I am so stinking pumped for you. Love you dear friend!
    Jessica Miller

    ReplyDelete

Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com