Friends & Family,
First of all, thank you so so so much to all of you who have called and text today. So grateful for you.
But! As many of you know a Tornado hit Tuscaloosa today and people all across this city need your prayers. We thought that the tornado only damaged a few small bldgs but as it turns out, the damage is much worse.
First of all, thank you so so so much to all of you who have called and text today. So grateful for you.
But! As many of you know a Tornado hit Tuscaloosa today and people all across this city need your prayers. We thought that the tornado only damaged a few small bldgs but as it turns out, the damage is much worse.
http://www.twitvid.com/4W6PU
http://www.facebook.com/video/ video.php?v=116981351717551
Houses all across the city are leveled and lots of places are really shaken up. Although I realize news is usually exaggerated during these times, this is what I've heard so far:
- One confirmed death although I've heard rumors of many more (who knows) & at least 130 hospitalized
- Windows of the hospital busted out
- Milos, Krispie Kreme, Full Moon BBQ, gas stations, Brunos and a ton of 15th street and McFarland buildings are donezo. In the words of my friend Amy who lives right there "15th street/McFarland is no more"
- A few of our students and friends of our students just lost nearly everything they own.
- I just went to Publix (which was completely jam packed) and since power is out all over the city, there were students buying out the store, doing homework and charging their phones.
- All down the streets are students sitting on the ground by candlelight reading and talking
- Cars have trees through them & phones aren't working
-What's worst, Justin & Alana, my dear friends on our staff team, just sent a text saying that their apartment is awful and "everything is ruined" . Phones are down and they haven't text back all day but as soon as I send this email, I'm going to try and drive over there
- My friend Kalynns house is destroyed
- My house is completely in tact. I have electricity
- I don't think any more tornados will be here tonight (they passed by) BUT they're coming to Atlanta!!!
My guess is that within the next few hours, my house will be full of bustling students, studying for their finals and watching tv, waiting for the electricity to come back to their houses. :) I love my job
Houses all across the city are leveled and lots of places are really shaken up. Although I realize news is usually exaggerated during these times, this is what I've heard so far:- One confirmed death although I've heard rumors of many more (who knows) & at least 130 hospitalized
- Windows of the hospital busted out
- Milos, Krispie Kreme, Full Moon BBQ, gas stations, Brunos and a ton of 15th street and McFarland buildings are donezo. In the words of my friend Amy who lives right there "15th street/McFarland is no more"
- A few of our students and friends of our students just lost nearly everything they own.
- I just went to Publix (which was completely jam packed) and since power is out all over the city, there were students buying out the store, doing homework and charging their phones.
- All down the streets are students sitting on the ground by candlelight reading and talking
- Cars have trees through them & phones aren't working
-What's worst, Justin & Alana, my dear friends on our staff team, just sent a text saying that their apartment is awful and "everything is ruined" . Phones are down and they haven't text back all day but as soon as I send this email, I'm going to try and drive over there
- My friend Kalynns house is destroyed
- My house is completely in tact. I have electricity
- I don't think any more tornados will be here tonight (they passed by) BUT they're coming to Atlanta!!!
My guess is that within the next few hours, my house will be full of bustling students, studying for their finals and watching tv, waiting for the electricity to come back to their houses. :) I love my job

Although Tuscaloosa may be far away from you, this is my home. These are the people my heart beats for and who I get the privileged of working with and praying for all day, every day. If I have learned anything at all this year, it is that prayer seriously, seriously works. The damage may not be nearly as bad as I think it is right now but... it sounds pretty bad. Please just pray, sweet friends. Thanks
"When you walk through the fire, I will be with you. And these waves, they shall not overcome you. For I am the Lord your God. I have called you by name. You are Mine." - Isaiah 43
"You give and take away yet still, Lord, I will say, Blessed be your name."

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!