Just received an email from Jeff:
I've finally been able to get some concrete information on Justin and Alana Karl's situation. I haven't been able to get to them or get in touch with them as cell service is almost non-existent. I finally received this text a few minutes ago from a student who lives down the street from them: I asked if their apartment is standing, livable, where are they staying, etc. He responded: "No its done. Whole sides of their walls gone. Their stuff is hanging out the side. They're staying at an apt next door to them. Both cars are destroyed." So, it's obviously not good. There are some students who I think have been able to get to them, comforting them. Please pray for the Karl's...it's going to be a long journey of recovery, materially and emotionally. Also, please pray for our team and students...everyone is in shock.
Thanks for interceding for us...
Jeff Norris
Campus Crusade for Christ
University of Alabama
www.bamacrusade.com
_________________________
and! hot off the press! The Karls just tweeted! Finally!
alanakarl: Thanks for the calls and texts. Feeling loved. We are okay. Things can be replaced but not lives. #thankful
justin_karl: Alana, Millie and; I are okay. Thank you for your prayers. Our home is mostly destroyed but God is sovereign and good so thats okay too.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!