I know it
I know it like I know I'm a girl
like I know my nose is beneath my eyes
like the pale birthmark on my back
I know it's right
I know it is my construction
I know it's my calling.
I know I'm called to the Africans
I just know it.
This week I found old schoolwork
age eight to twenty two.
Sixteen papers of seventeendepict the desperate dreaming
of a young girl in barefoot battle,
ivory hand-in-hand with fingers Divine.
Sixteen of sixteen name Africa my home.
The calling could not be more clear
the calling... could not be more clear.
Maybe two years maybe thirty
the calling could not be more clear.
I hear the Lord saying
in reverberating echo:
"Listen closely as I speak
for the saints I call with purpose.
Equip the college campus not just 'sent' but bold to come.
across the ocean waters to bring Christ where darkness reigns
Not today, dear child, but first raise up with prayer & passion
an army two by two.
For two hands are all you have
but inter-weaved called as the body,
all the more, Christ at work.
I care not for Africa but for the Africans.
Delight in me as I transform you
to bring Truth to Beloved painted black"
So until then, names I know not yet,
I pray for your souls & tilling
that when I hold you in my arms
[the youth of Alabama by my side]
you will know that Jesus holds you
you will know that Jesus holds you 
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!