promise land day one

Today I arrived in Colorado!!You should have seen me tearing up as my plane landed with the Rockies in the distance... I couldn't stop whispering, "It's you and me, Jesus. Here we go." My super precious plane neighbor most likely thought I was a little crazy or about to meet up with a long lost family member but I didn't care because, well, I checked his left hand and he was married. So! I kept whispering and tearing up.. It was a big moment. I've waited for this day for a lonnggg time.

Paige Trotter (one of my wonderful, wonderful Bama students) picked me up from the airport and we've had QUITE an adventurous day! We had lunch at Migianos at Sixteenth Street Outdoor Mall in Denver (who not ONLY serves gluten-free pasta BUT also gives you an entirely new plate of whatever to-go pasta you want when you leave!) Then we shopped in a few super hippie stories (where Paige bought me a Colorado license plate with my name on it), came home to hang out with her family, took a tour of her hometown, Greeley, visited her grandma & tonight we'll have a fabulous home cooked meal by Mama Jill (Paige's Mom) followed by smores by their backyard fire pit. It's been so neat to hear all about Paige's life and see remnants of her childhood with my own two eyes. I LOVE COLORADO & I LOVE spending time with Paige!!!! I am so so so happy to be here!! 

Tonight I'll stay at the Trotter's house and will go watch Paige's little brother, Charlie (who I've decided to call Charles), play golf. Then I'll move into my dorm room at Colorado State University at 4. Tomorrow night is our first new staff meeting in Fort Collins. I'm savoring every minute of this. I have a sneaking suspicion the Lord has big plans for growing me this summer. I sure hope so. Bring it on, Jesus. I'm ready for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com