students on the frontlines: blake stafford

She sat in the same spot every week. The worn evergreen recliner flush left of the fireplace. She'd come. She'd sit. She'd listen. Eyes wide. That's what I remember most about Blake, her curious, hungry eyes lighting up my living room. It was my first semester out of college and living in Tuscaloosa. Each week a slew of girls would flood into my house. I had trouble establishing a consistent group but Blake... she was there every. single. week.... perched in that green recliner. 
Her heart was changing. You could see it on her face. You could hear it in her multitude of questions. Weary from long nights at Gillettes & a house full of catty roommates. All she wanted was to be pretty, popular, accepted... but she didn't feel like any of it was working. And so the Lord started stirring in her heart, melting her one Bible Study at a time. That was a little over a year and a half ago. Now Blake is in Uganda. 
When Blake gave her life to Christ, she gave her whole life. She is the kindest person I know, determined for her Tri Delt sisters to find satisfaction in Jesus, & a faithful servant to our staff team. As she awaited acceptance to nursing school, she interned with our team this Spring and now, led by the Lord, she is serving at an orphanage in Uganda. Blake loves Jesus. MAN does she love Jesus. The way she loves Jesus makes me love Jesus more! 

Please visit Blake's blog. Please pray for her. Please pray for the kids she meets with every day as she serves with Sozo Children. I love her and I think you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com