Chin up
Heavenward
Searching for the you I knew I'd find.
Eyes high
wise guy
to tree tops
where your fingers dance.
Today you kissed
my forehead,
a reminder I'm forever
your little pocahontas;
Exploring
gazing
a child in woods bound to realize
the feel of bark beneath her fingertips.
Scared as I may be
when trees make me feel small
when far seems all I know to be true
the dance moves me forward
in skipping & twirling
to each note you play on supple leaves.
Meandering trails in valleys, hills
in shade & gleams of blinding rays
searching sideways for paths unknown
knowing at dusk you'll call my name.
praying at sunset
you'd dust off my skirt
weave safe fingers securely in mine
and walk me steadily, steadily home.
Along with the song of the Cadydids
to the tune of the grasshoppers' bluegrass harp wail
protectively, gently you inquire about my adventures
and I tell you the things you already know:
the way of the squirrels when a little girl draws near
the crack of the branches beneath softened toe
did you know the skys blue from oceans afar?
and you listen in patience as my world unfolds.
We walk into the dusk unafraid & enchanted in what tomorrow may bring.
You see,
wander as I may
I'm never lost when I'm with you.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!