The Lord, He knows just what I need. There I stood, here I stand, guns ‘a blazin’, running full force toward Bama Land while, with fingers taut, He reigns me in… not ready for his little girl to leave quite yet. I push & pull, meander and manipulate, tugging, treading, straining toward the voices I hear at the other end of the phone. It seems as if I’m missing everything I love, the world in my prayers, His movement in the city…where I want to be. I feel it’s killing me, breaking me down. I feel discouraged, unmotivated, tired & I wonder what in the world He’s thinking. But the Lord, He knows just what I need.
In moments of panic it seems I might drown in debt; the loans, the future, my bills…my desires. The noose pulls tighter tighter with each clunk of my engine…. I can’t afford a new car. Lord just 50 thousand more. Please….please.
& seventy percent seems high for a moment til for 3 weeks no budging & prospects dissolving. I wrestle with how in the world I’m going to pull this off. But this Lord of mine, He knows just what I need.
I’m beginning to see, after fighting & faking, that a time of great peace has rested on me. In silence & waiting, in rest & preparing, my father is raining blessing in storm. I stand soaking wet in the flood I never asked for, just now starting to realize that I’m wading in grace.
How sweet is the quiet as I’m softened each day, humbled & hopeful that He lingers near. When my nails keep on scratching down the doors of your Kingdom, pleading you’d hear me & answer my prayer, there you sit perched in all Glory & wisdom, knowing dough rises if you just give it time. Beyond the cross gruesome & rising to life, why do you still give to this self-consumed girl? Obsessed with myself, my plans, & my comfort, why keep on pressing in & enveloping flesh?
I have no choice but to lift my arms high. I submit, I submit, to the wind moving in me. I know not eloquent words but bask in your presence peaceful around me.... because you here & you are all that I know to be good. I journal in jumbled, mismatched conclusions but I think what it is that I’m trying to say is….. Lord thank you for always knowing what I need.
I have no choice but to lift my arms high. I submit, I submit, to the wind moving in me. I know not eloquent words but bask in your presence peaceful around me.... because you here & you are all that I know to be good. I journal in jumbled, mismatched conclusions but I think what it is that I’m trying to say is….. Lord thank you for always knowing what I need.

Just as you have said, he does know your needs, even before you ask. Be patient. Be diligent. Do not quit. Your little light is shining very bright for many people, even though you are not in Alabama.
ReplyDeleteLove, Dad