a second samuel twenty two season

Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples! ... ! Chron 16:8

There is a tingling in my hands, a peaceful excitement, that I can’t seem to shake. Perhaps it derives from the fluttering of my heart or maybe from the unexpected lightness in my head. Something is different in me. I think they call this gratitude. 

I’m short on words but certainly not short on emotion. I cannot help but to feel overwhelmed. Twice this month I’ve been called confident, eight times ‘passionate,’ but no... it’s something bigger. I think they call this security. Possibly this is true ‘thanksgiving’… 

Regardless, it’s far more than I deserve. 

How the LORD has been Working in Others: The stories of how God is working at Bama are unending: The Tri-Delt house is busting with girls eager to hear about Jesus.  Our new weekly meeting location may already be too small for our growing ministry. Students are taking initiative with tornado victims, the impoverished & their peers. 50 students continue to attend Justin’s Gospel Class. Beyond Bama, I’ve been able to regularly meet with & challenge several unexpected people throughout Georgia. I see him working in my family & providing for those I see in need. 



How the Lord Has Worked In Me: Although an emotional roller coaster, the Lord has been sweet & wise during this time of fund raising. He continues to provide new supporters & has transformed my hours of frustration, boredom & often loneliness into sacred time of growth. I still wrestle through impatience & am MORE than eager to return to campus. However, Scripture has challenged me to increase my giving to others, heightened intimacy with the Holy Spirit, rejuvenated my passion for the ‘untouchables,’ & humbled me more each day. I’ve been able to study God’s concept of ‘calling,’ feel more affirmed in my position than ever, & have really grown in my ability to listen. The LORD has revealed SO much about my personality, skills, weaknesses & heart during this time. 

How the LORD has Provided for Me: Living at home these past 3 months has allowed me to really savor relationships with immediate & extended family, an INVALUABLE blessing.  I’ve been able to save thousands of dollars, re-connect with long lost friends, soak in the gorgeous Georgia fall, & foster my relationship with Qualtina & Dunterrious in Athens.  I was able to drive my car to Virginia & back (Praise God!), be encouraged by dear, dear (new staff) friends in Michigan, & regain vision at a staff conference. I finally have stable health insurance & a fantastic budget plan. I am constantly reminded of my unique position working for an employer who genuinely cares about me. Additionally, my landlord at Alabama remains patient and is not making me pay rent until my support is complete. I felt extremely loved this month &, to top it all off, God used a few faithful believers to cover an incredible financial need! I am in awe.

Although I realize every month will not appear so revolutionary, I’m growing in my appreciation of the Father’s timing. If I had already reported back to Alabama, I wouldn’t have been able to help my mom after her shoulder surgery & our students may not have felt as much pressure to take charge in our ministry. He is good & I… well, I am speechless. 

Thank you, Lord. 

Thank you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please! Offer your thoughts, concerns, opinions and insight!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com